RFID Technology and Its Applications
What is RFID?
Radio Frequency Identification is a technology that uses electromagnetic to locate or identify different objects. RFID technology usually consists of RFID tags. These tags have a tiny receiver and transmitter along with a transponder.
An RFID system works across the Low frequency band, high frequency band and ultra-high frequency band. They work on the load modulation or backscattered modulation principles.
Components of RFID System:
The RFID reader will transmit radio waves on a designed frequency. When an RFID tag comes in its vicinity, the data is transmitted back to the reader. Based on the received data, the RFID reader can recognize the object
The RFID tag consists of a transmitter and a receiver. There are three types of RFID tags. A passive tag does not have its own power supply. It uses the power supply from the wave transmitted by the RFID reader.
Active tags have their own power supply to receive and transmit signals back to the RFID reader. A semi passive tag has power supply only for its internal working. It uses the RFID reader’s transmitted signal for sending a response.
Where do We use RFID Technology?
- Libraries, Schools, Colleges and Hospitals
- Employers and workers tracking
- Logistics and Transportation
- Asset tracking
- Access Control System lets only authorized people enter
- Birds and Animal Tracking
- Inventory management
- Prevent Counterfeits
- RFID self Service – where people can check out their items fast without wasting time in queues.
Advantages of Using RFID Systems:
- An RFID system will reduce the human errors and efforts invested in identifying and locating objects or humans.
- An RFID reader can receive signal and read response from multiple RFID tags simultaneously.
- Faster logistics and supply chain systems using RFID to identify assets and manage inventory
- RFID can function outside line of sight also.
- An object doesn’t need to be next to the RFID reader to receive or transmit response signals.
- The RFID tags are read and write.
- The RFID tag is reusable by programming them for other applications.
- RFID data can store more information.
Star Unisafe has helped many customers set up an RFID self-service system. They provide regular maintenance for the systems. They have a rapid service ticket resolution system for all their clients. Moreover, they can provide you relevant information due to their prolonged experience.